The 21st Hobie 16 World Championships entry page is now live and taking entries. The web site with all the information is hobieworlds.com
Australia has three prequalified spots allocated which are offered in order of finishing at the recent Australian Hobie 16 Championships at Port Stephens. We require confirmation from place getters as to whether they will be competing or not, so offers can be made down the line.
As soon as our three pre qualified spots are booked the IHCA Executive has granted Australia four (4) extra prequalified positions for the 21st Hobie 16 Worlds. The condition of them receiving these spots is:
- They must have completed at the recent Australian Hobie 16 Championships at Port Stephens.
- They must have finished in the top 15 at the recent Australian Championships
The offer is to be added AFTER the Australian prequalified have been used, e.g. If the top three Australians wish to take the prequalified spots allocated, then the IHCA positions can be added. If they don’t then Australian allocated position will be offered until all sailors have accepted. After all the Australian positions have been accepted then the IHCA positions maybe offered.
We would require the final commitment of the offer to be confirmed no later than Friday 11th March.
Here are a few details regarding the event:
With limited entries the first in will be guaranteed your bonuses. The early entry will ensure you get the discounted entry fee. Assured boat for your championships. Free shuttle bus transfers to and from the Shenzhen airport to the host hotel. Plus the opportunity to meet your Hobie friends from around the world.
Competitors early entry Includes:
- Your early entry into your chosen class/es on the 2016 Hobie 16 World Championships at a reduced rate
- Free bus shuttle to and from Shenzhen Bao’an International Airport to the Event Hotel
- Hotel Breakfast Daily
- A complimentary “Western style” lunch on the beach during competition days including:
- Sports drink
- Collectors souvenir event apparel for Skipper and Crew for each event entered
- Souvenir tote bag for Skipper and Crew
- Souvenir event programme for Skipper and Crew
- Tickets to official class opening ceremony for Skipper and Crew*
- Tickets to official class closing ceremony for Skipper and Crew*
- The opportunity to become World Champion in your class!
- A lifetime of memories!
- Hotel bookings at the official hotel will open on the 15th January 2016.
President – ANHCA